Our 2nd annual fundraising Tour de Thorncliffe Bike-a-thon is officially closed!
TPASN Thorncliffe Park Autism Support Network is a grass-root organization aim to function solely with a charitable purpose in providing free community based integrated services for children with disability and their families. Our first activities reported back in 2018, when a group of parents - enthusiasts organized Autism awareness in the community and then weekend and summer activities for children with autism and other forms of disability, inviting other kids from the community. In September 16, 2020 the group became federally incorporated and this day officially is considered as anniversary date.
Our Core Values
- We believe disability is one form of diversity and strive for cultural and linguistic competency. We believe diversity is essential to our success.
- We believe that all services and supports for children and youth should be family-centred. In the same vein, we believe that all services and supports for adults should be person-centred. That individuals and families should have personal choice and control over their lives.
- We believe that all children should live in safe homes with their families and that as individuals mature they should have the opportunity to live in homes of their own with appropriate community supports.
- We believe that all supports should be within the community and that individuals and families needing supports should exercise control over funding, delivery, and quality of supports.
- We believe that everyone should have access to places and activities meaningful to each individual and that opportunities should be available for developing networks of meaningful relationships.
- We believe in a strengths-based approach to assessment and support rather than a problems approach.
- We believe in prevention rather than in crisis intervention.